This makes about 4 servings.
2 Tins of Crushed (or chopped) tomatoes
½ a small brown onion
2 garlic cloves
1 medium carrot
¾ cup red lentils (If you like lentils really soft, ad suggest soaking them for about 15-10 mins prior)
Italian Herbs (however much you prefer)
Oil (I used canola but you can use any) (enough to cover your pan)
- Pre-heat frying pan to low heat
- Chop up onion and garlic finely. Add oil to pan, turn up stove to medium high heat and cook the onion and garlic for 10 minutes
- Add Tomatoes and mix in with the onion and garlic. Add the lentils and carrot, mix.
- Make sure you mix every minute or so to make sure the lentils don’t stick. Add Italian herbs (depending on how you like it. I add about a tablespoon)
- If it starts to look dry, add some water and mix in
- Cook until when you drag a spatula down the centre and it doesn’t fill in fast.
- Remove from heat and serve with pasta
If you wanted to make this a pasta sauce, remove the lentils and add half a tin on purread tomatoes.