Homemade banana nicecream is a great alternative to dairy ice cream, and even a healthier alternative to vegan ice cream! Feel free to get creative with toppings 🙂
All you need for the banana nicecream:
- 3 frozen bananas (I chop mine up and put them in the freezer overnight)
- 2/3 cups of non dairy milk (you may have to adjust based on the consistency you desire)
All you do is put those two ingredients into a blender or food processor and pulse until it’s creamy! You can add sugar to sweeten it, a non dairy creamer or flavor, other fruit, peanut (or any nut) butter, or cocoa powder to make it into a chocolate nice cream!
As for toppings, my favorite is my homemade granola. For a batch of granola all you need is:
- 3 cups of oats
- 1/3 cup of salted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of coconut flakes
- 4 tbsp of agave
And, of course, you can adjust or replace these ingredients to fit your taste.
A list of other good ingredients for banana nicecream:
- Chocolate syrup
- Fresh fruit
- Chia seeds
- Cacao nibs
- Chocolate chips
- Hemp seeds
- Puffed quinoa
- Goji berries
- Coconut flakes
These are just some ideas to get you started. This is a great recipe to experiment with and really get creative! Enjoy eating your cruelty free nicecream!