When people first go vegan it’s common to assume that baking, or cooking in general, is a complicated task but, really it’s just as easy. Animal products are definitely not needed! So, here’s a fairly simple carrot cake recipe to try out.
• 275g plain flour
• 1tbs baking powder
• 100g brazil nuts
• 50g dates
• 100g brown sugar
• 125ml sunflower oil
• 175ml apple juice
• 350g grated carrots
• 2tbs mixed spice
- Crush Brazil nuts (manually/food processor)
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl
- Chop dates into small pieces and add to dry mixture
- Mix liquids into the bowl
- Pour mixture into cake tin and bake for approx. 40 minutes on gas mark 4/180c
If desired, combine vegan margarine, vanilla extract, and icing sugar to preferred consistency for a simple buttercream icing.