Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: about 2 hours
Yield: 12-14 cookies
Recipe by Taylor Mooney
1/2 cup vegan butter or coconut oil
1/2 cup granulated cane sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 T vegetable oil, 1 1/2 T water, and 1 tsp baking powder (this is your egg substitute)
1/2 T vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour or gluten free alternative
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 tsp salt
Cinnamon sugar coating:
2 T sugar
1 T ground cinnamon
- Cream vegan butter and sugars in a mixer using a paddle attachment.
- Add in egg substitute and vanilla then continue mixing.
- In a separate bowl combine the rest of the ingredients and stir until the ingredients are evenly distributed then gradually add the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix until ingredients are evenly combined and a dough has formed.
- Chill dough for about 30 minutes.
- Prepare sugar and cinnamon in a bowl for rolling.
- Remove dough from refrigerator, roll dough into balls the size of 2 tablespoons, roll ball around in cinnamon and sugar, then place on a lined or greased cookie sheet.
- Place cookie sheet back into refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 9-12 minutes.
- After baking, place cookies on a cooling rack and enjoy!
Note – The dough is chilled so the cookies do not become flat and thin while baking.