Prep time: about 2 hours
Cook time: 45-50 minutes
Recipe by Taylor Mooney
3.8 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup dried chopped apricots
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 T yeast
1 cup warm soy milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup vegan butter
Zest of 1 lemon and 1 Orange
1/2 tsp vanilla
- Combine yeast with warm milk (100-110 F, if it is over 115 F the yeast will die).
- Add the sugar to the warm milk and let sit until foamy.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, and zests.
- Pour in the warm milk mixture, butter, vanilla and continue mixing.
- Remove from bowl and place on a floured surface and begin to knead. Be sure to dust you hands with flour so the dough does not stick to your hands.
- Knead in the dried fruit and nuts until evenly distributed.
- Cover and leave in a warm place until it has doubled in size.
- Shape the dough into a smooth ball then place in a tall, narrow pan
Let rise again until it fills the pan (about an hour).
- Brush the top with soy milk or melted butter and sprinkle with sugar
and bake until golden; 45-50 minutes at 375 F or 190 C
If the bread is cooked all the way through, it should sound hollow when you tap on the bottom.
- Cut how you would cut a cake and enjoy!