Some people think that being vegan is extra hard because there’s nothing to eat at fast food, and some people can only afford fast food because of financial reasons or they might live in a fast food restaurant where that’s the only thing available! Whatever the reason, there are a LOT of fast food options available to us! I’ll even categorize restaurants by how easy it is to order vegan there. A note, though- cross contamination is an issue at a lot of places that serve “vegan” food, but don’t think to cook it separately from meat. If this is a problem for you, you should probably make sure this won’t happen at the fast food chain by contacting them prior or explaining your lifestyle while placing an order.
I will add more restaurants as I find them, and you can leave a comment below if you find anything here to be wrong or just have something to add!
- Tofu sofritas
- Soft flour tortillas (burrito and taco)
- Soft/crispy corn tortilla (taco)
- Cilantro-lime rice (white & brown)
- Beans (black and pinto)
- Fajita Vegetables
- Salsas (all)
- Romaine Lettuce
There are vegan options for both the salads and sandwiches here.
- Hearty Italian
- Black bean* (at select stores)
- Malibu garden* (at select stores)
- Yellow mustard
- Deli brown mustard
- Vinegar (NOT vinegarette)
- Sweet onion sauce
- Fat free italian
Load up on veggies! All those are vegan of course. Avocado and Guacamole makes it extra tasty. *While the guacamole is technically vegan, we’ve gotten word that the cross contamination is horrible due to the storage and application of it 😦 sorry vegans!
Soy flavors: peanut butter, soy latte, black sesame, banana milk, plain soy.
Their sorbets like pineapple raspberry and strawberry are also vegan. Make sure to add lots of fruit and nut toppings!
- Cinnamon crips
- Chips and guacamole
- Chips and pico de gallo
- Cilantro Rice
- Black or refried beans
- Mexican rice
- All salsas
- Fresco style bean burrito, black bean burrito w/o cheese
- Veggie Cantina bowl w/o sauce
- 7 layer bean burrito w/o cheese or sour cream (5 layers)
- Sesame noodle dish (broccoli, carrots, red pepper, snap peas, tofu, pickled cucumbers, and sesame peanuts) comes w/ a bar of dark chocolate
- Brown rice salad bowl
- Hearty veggie salad bowl
- Seasonal harvest fruit blend
- Multigrain bagel
- Oatmeal (classic or blueberry)
- Veggie sub (guacamole, black olives, lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, and mushrooms) order with no cheese and balsamic vinaigrette instead of red-wine vinaigrette.
- Herb wrap
- Garden salad
Jack in the Box
- Black beans
- Potato wedges
- Seasoned curly fries
- Breakfast blueberry muffin
- Plain baked potato
- Garden salad
- Red italian dressing
- French fries
- Veggie sandwich (w/ no cheese)
El Pollo Loco
- BRC burrito with no cheese. You can add avocado
- Pinto beans
- Corn on the cob
The nachos come with tortilla chips, jalapeños, guacamole, and pico de gallo. You can order nachos with no cheese or sour cream and it will be fit for a vegan.
- House salad with cilantro-lime or balsamic vinigarette
- Crispy fries
- Cajun onion rings
- BBQ sauce
- Mediterranean veggie sandwich w/o cheese
- Low-fat vegetarian black bean soup
All of the following must be ordered with no sour cream, rice, or cheese.
- 8 layer veggie burrito
- 1/2 bean and cheese burrito
- value bean and cheese burrito w/ red or green sauce
Carl’s Jr. / Hardees
- French fries
- Crisscut fries
- Hash brown nuggets
- All you can eat salad (inside)
- Three bean salad
- Low fat balsamic vinaigrette
Endless salad bar
No verified vegetarian options. Yes, that includes their beef based fries.
Their vegetarian burger is NOT vegan. It is a Morning Star patty that contains milk.